MINING INDUSTRY IS THE FUTURE FOR ALL ENGINEERS
Good news for those who want to study B.Tech or Diploma in Mining. Mining industry is the future for you. Because, tremendous growth in this sector is creating new jobs. There are several careers related to mining. Jobs in mining offer the opportunity for world travel, good income and the opportunity to make a difference.
DID YOU KNOW?
- India is home to 1,531 operating mines and produces 95 minerals
- The country is the 2nd largest producer of coal.
- India is the 2nd largest crude steel producer in the world
- Coal production grew at CAGR 4.6% over FY14-FY19 (to 730.35 MT)
- Coal’s share in India’s primary energy consumption is expected to be 48% in 2040.
- India’s steel consumption has risen 7.5% Y-o-Y
- 100% FDI is now allowed through automatic route in the steel and mining sectors
- 100% FDI for coal and lignite under automatic route
WHAT DO THESE NUMBERS TELL YOU?
For B.Tech or Diploma Mining students, this sector offers plenty of job opportunities. It offers career growth. In future, students with a degree in Mining Engineering will be hired by this growing industry.
WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY B.TECH MINING IN JHARKHAND?
- Jharkahnd has 40% of nation’s mineral reserves
- Provides a solid base for mining and mineral industries
- Jharkhand has variety of minerals in abundance
- Jharkhand is the sole producer of Coking Coal, Uranium and Pyrite.
- It ranks first in India in the production of Coal, Mica, Kyanite and Copper.
MINING CAPITAL OF INDIA – JHARKHAND
Abundant minerals in Jharkhand has led to setting up of a numerous industries in the State including – Iron & Steel, Cement, Coke Ovens, Washeries, Refractories, Alumina, Sponge Iron, Ceramic, Graphite processing, Granite cutting and polishing, etc.
The State Industrial Policy has identified Mineral based Industries as a thrust area. Hence, creating plenty of jobs in this sector.