|Eligibility:||10+2 in Science from any recognized Board|
|No. of Seats:||60|
B.Sc Agriculture (Hons.)
Agricultural movements like farm to table, organic foods, going vegan and a focus on natural high fibre food has turned agriculture into a sophisticated industry.
Get ready to be part of the new wave of agriculture industry with the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural programme at Jharkhand Rai University (JRU).
In current times it is the ideal Bachelor’s course to pursue since global demand for agricultural food and fibre is high. Clearly the industry needs professionals who are ready to rise to the various job opportunities arising out of it. Especially when our course is designed with significant input from major employers in the industry.
Why – Emerging opportunities like – new markets, emerging technologies, globalisation of trade, climate change, sustainability – are increasingly creating needs for agriculture experts.
The food industry and the world need passionate professionals like you. This programme in agriculture from JRU will equip you with a solid scientific foundation to develop new ideas and technologies, implement new agricultural practices and devise innovative ways to produce food and fibre.
What’s more – The course curriculum consists of topics such as agriculture science, use of modern scientific equipments, farming systems and sustainable agriculture, cultivation of fruits, vegetables, spices and flowers, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, dry land agriculture, integrated nutrient management, integrated pest management and animal and poultry management. The University is well equipped with Hi-Tech Agri Research Lab for training the students. The curriculum also provides knowledge of basics of Plant Biotechnology.
Today, we are proud to say that Jharkhand Rai University is honoured to have been offered the responsibility of beautification & plantation of Rajbhawan (Governors House), Ranchi.
Main objectives of the programme are:
The programme Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc. Hons. Agriculture) focuses on modern agricultural requirements and deals with topics like production issues facing farmers, agribusiness and other related issues of farming industry.
- The demand for trained professional in Agriculture is very high. Graduates have career prospects in both public and private sectors.
- You could pursue a career in research and communication as an agricultural researcher or a journalist.
- As an expert you can drive innovation for improving agricultural yields and sustainable production.
- State Department of Agriculture recruits graduates to fill up officer level posts. Private sector multinational companies have established their presence in commercial farming as well as farmer-led production initiatives. So they are on the lookout for young executives to handle extension services.
- Nationalized Banks also recruit agriculture graduates to fill the posts of Agriculture Officers/Rural Development Officers.