|Eligibility:||10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Maths or equivalent|
|No. of Seats:||60|
For more details
Click to Call Now: 1800-120-2546
PROGRAM OBJECTIVE BACHELOR OF PHARMACY(B.PHARMA)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) is a four-year undergraduate program designed to provide quality pharmacy education to produce future pharmacists who will be promoting safe and effective use of medicines, ensuring patient and public safety at all times. The program introduces students to the properties and impact of pharmaceutical drugs and Biochemical Science.
The curriculum and syllabus for the course are devised as per the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) –the statutory body governing the pharmacy profession in India. The Indian pharmaceutical industry as one of the largest Pharma industries in the world further increases the scope of pharmaceutical studies in India.
WHY STUDY BACHELOR OFPHARMACY (B.PHARMA)?:
Pharmacy is an integral part of the healthcare industry having a good potential to pursue a career in the profession owing to a growing demand for skilled pharmacists. There are rewarding career avenues that can be explored in the healthcare sector that is witnessing an increasing rise in the number of hospitals, nursing homes, and pharmaceutical companies across the country.
The healthcare industry and the world needs passionate professionals like you who intend to join the health sector. The Bachelor’s degree program in Pharmacy from JRU will equip you with a solid foundation to develop a sound knowledge and an experienced hand in learning new technologies, implement new practices and devise innovative ways to serve humanity.
- LARGEST GENERIC DRUG&VACCINEPROVIDER: India is the 3rdLargest
Pharmaceutical Industry in the world providing 20% of Affordable Generic Drugs globally& Supplies Over 50% of all Vaccine demand in the world.
- SECTOR TO GROW 3TIMES: As per the Economic Survey of India 20-21
The Indian Pharmaceutical Sector Currently valued at US$ 41 billion is Estimated to reach US$ 130 billion by 2030in the next decade
- GROWING JOB SECTOR: With over 70,000 hospitals, 3000 Pharmaceutical companies & 10,500 Drug Manufacturing Units showing a Double-Digit Yearly growth- The Healthcare sector in India is one of the 5 Largest Employers in India
- MEDICINE SPENDS TO INCREASE: Medical Spending in India is expected to grow by 9-12% in the next 5 Years Leading India to become The Top 10 spenders on medicine expenses
BACHELOR OF PHARMACY (B.PHARM) COURSE CURRICULUM:
The outcome-based curriculum consists of topics such as Pharmacognosy which includes the study of Natural drugs, Biochemistry involving various biological molecular study and Clinical Pathology providing knowledge of pathological tests, Pharmaceutics having in-depth knowledge for formulation, Health Education & community pharmacy knowing disease,
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVE: BACHELOR OF PHARMACY (B.PHARM)
- To develop skills essential to the correct use of medicines and managing terms of dosage and guiding the patients
- To integrate strong fundamental knowledge with hands-on experience required in pharmaceutical industries and institutes
- To provide a strong knowledge of various concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences such as Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, and Pharmacy Practice
- To develop independent critical thinking and analytical capacity with modern tools as healthcare is getting hi-tech
- To develop a sense of teamwork and awareness amongst students towards the importance of an interdisciplinary approach for developing competence in solving complex problems
- To be able to do multiple tasks and build interpersonal and communication skills to communicate easily with doctors, patients, and other healthcare professionals
- To encourage the students to participate in a life-long learning process for a highly productive career and to relate the concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences in providing quality healthcare to the society
CAREER PROSPECTS AFTER BACHELOR OF PHARMACY (B.PHARM)
Career opportunities exist both in the Government and Private sector, Hospitals, Clinics; Community health centres, NGO’s & Pharmaceutical companies. Mentioned below are some of the Job prospects in the field:
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Therapist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Medical Sales Representative
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Executive
- Quality Assurance Executive
- Quality Control Officer
- Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Research Scientist
- Product Development Scientist
- Technical Writer
- Be an Entrepreneur by starting your own pharmacy retail store or wholesale business