|Eligibility:||10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Maths or equivalent|
|No. of Seats:||60|
PROGRAM OBJECTIVE: DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) is a two-year program designed to provide quality pharmacy education to produce future pharmacists promoting safe and effective use of medicines, ensuring patient and public safety at all times.The program focuses on the study of Physiology, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, etc.
The program has been designed to prepare the students to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other related pharmaceutical fields.
WHY STUDY DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY?
Pharmacy is an integral part of the healthcare industry having a good potential to pursue a career in the profession owing to a growing demand for skilled pharmacists. There are rewarding career avenues that can be explored in the healthcare sector that is witnessing an increasing rise in the number of hospitals, nursing homes, and pharmaceutical companies across the country. You can also start your own business be it pharmacy retail or wholesale outlet and medical/surgical equipment store.
- LARGEST GENERIC DRUG &VACCINE PROVIDER: India is the 3rd Largest
Pharmaceutical Industry in the world providing 20% of Affordable Generic Drugs globally & Supplies Over 50% of all Vaccines demand in the world
- SECTOR TO GROW 3TIMES: As per the Economic Survey of India 20-21 The Indian Pharmaceutical Sector Currently valued at US$ 41 billion is Estimated to reach US$ 130 billion by 2030 in the next decade
- GROWING JOB SECTOR: With over 70,000 hospitals, 3000 Pharmaceutical companies & 10,500 Drug Manufacturing Units showing a Double-Digit Yearly growth –
The Healthcare sector in India is one of the 5 Largest Employers in India
- MEDICINE SPENDS TO INCREASE: Medical Spending in India is expected to
Grow by 9-12% in the next 5 Years Leading India to become The Top 10 spenders on medicine expenses
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVE & SYLLABUS – DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
The University is well equipped with modern infrastructure including Hi-Tech Research Lab for training the students. We have highly skilled and dedicated faculty members and staff to train the students in providingpractical knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- To develop basic and core skills essential to the correct use of medicines and guiding the patients
- To integrate strong fundamental knowledge with hands-on experience required in pharmaceutical industries and institutes
- To provide a strong knowledge of various concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences such as Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, and Pharmacy Practice
- To develop independent critical thinking and analytical capacity with modern tools as healthcare is getting hi-tech
- To develop a sense of teamwork and awareness amongst students for developing competence in solving complex problems
- To be able to do multiple tasks and build interpersonal and communication skills to communicate easily with doctors, patients, and other healthcare professionals
- To encourage the students to participate in a life-long learning process for a highly productive career and to relate the concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences in providing quality healthcare to the society
CAREER PROSPECTS AFTER DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
Career opportunities exist both in the Government and Private sector, Hospitals, Clinics; Community health centres, NGO’s & Pharmaceutical companies. Diploma students in Pharmacy can also take admission in B.Pharm after one year through lateral entry. Mentioned below are some of the Job prospects in the field:
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Therapist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Medical Sales Representative
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Executive
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Hospital Operations Manager
- Research Scientist
- Be an Entrepreneur