- Elligibility: 10+2 in Science from any recognized Board
- Duration: 4 years
B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture programme at Jharkhand Rai University (JRU), Ranchi provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions in the field of Agriculture. The course curriculum consists of topics such as agriculture science, use of modern scientific equipments, farming systems and sustainable agriculture, cultivation of fruits, vegetables, spices and flowers, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, dry land agriculture, integrated nutrient management, integrated pest management and animal and poultry management. The curriculum also provides knowledge of basics of Plant Biotechnology.
- The demand for trained professional in Agriculture is very high. Graduates have career prospects in both public and private sectors.
- State Department of Agriculture recruits graduates to fill up officer level posts. Private sector multinational companies have established their presence in commercial farming as well as farmer-led production initiatives. So they are on the lookout for young executives to handle extension services.
- Nationalized Banks also recruit agriculture graduates to fill the posts of Agriculture Officers/Rural Development Officers.
|Admission Fee:||Rs. 10,000|
|Semester Fee:||Rs. 35,000/Sem.(for students of Jharkhand) | Rs. 40,000 (for students of other States)|
- Elligibility: B.Sc. (Agriculture) or B.Sc. (Horticulture)
- Duration: : 2 years
The curriculum of M.Sc.(Agriculture) in Horticulture includes Fruit science, Vegetable science, Floriculture and Landscape architecture, Plantation crops, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic plants. Horticulture plays a pivotal role in the food and livelihood security of India. Post Graduates in Agronomy includes courses on crop production, weed control, fertilization and irrigation management, organic farming, stress crop production, crop modeling and sustainable agriculture. The course curriculum of Soil science includes soil fertility and soil chemistry, soil erosion and conservation, soil biology, use of radioisotopes in soil research etc.
- Career is focused on increasing the quality of food produced for the nation’s food supply.
- Horticulture has career options in fruit and vegetable processing, seed and sapling production, floriculture, landscape design and architecture.
- Soil scientists have ample career options in soil conservation and soil testing etc.
- Taking up advanced Ph. D. course will help one build a career in education and research in universities and institutions of advanced learning. The prospects of appointments such as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor and also on Administrative positions is possible.
|Admission Fee:||Rs. 10,000|
|Semester Fee:||Rs. 40,000/Sem.(for students of Jharkhand) | Rs. 45,000 (for students of other States)|