University has a structure procedure and mechanism for redressal of the grievances of students. University
endeavor to make all efforts to ensure transparency in all the activities at different levels.
University has a Grievance Redressal Committees at the Department/University level to deal with the grievances of the students:
Department/Area Level committee will be as under:
- Head of the Department – Chairman
- Up to 3 (three) faculties to be nominated by the Head of Department
- Student Mentor
University Level committee will be as under:
- A senior Teacher / Professor – Chairman
- Registrar- Member Secretary
- Dean of the Faculty concerned
- Head of Department concerned
- Student Mentor Concerned
This committee will deal with all the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at University level both Academic and Administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by student against the decision of the Department level committee
- An aggrieved student who has the Grievance or Grievances at the Department shall make an application first to the HoD. The Head of Department, after verifying the facts will try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, preferably within a week of the receipt of application of the student. If the student is not satisfied with the verdict or solution of the HoD, then the same should be placed before the Department level committee.
- If the student is not satisfied with the redressal offered by the Department level committee and
feel that his/her Grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the University level committee
within a week from the date of receipt of decision with the relevant details.
- The University level committee should consider the appeal of the student and make appropriate recom- mendations to the Vice- Chancellor within a reasonable time, preferably within 15 days. On approval by
the Vice-Chancellor, the final decision is to be communicated to the student through the respective Head of
- The University level committee, if needed, may recommend to the Vice-Chancellor, necessary corrective action as it may deem fit, to endure avoidance of recurrence of similar grievance at anyDepartment under
- While dealing with the complaint the committee at all levels will observe law of natural justice and
hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations should
be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to the University level committee, as
the case may be, through the Head of Department concerned.
Procedure for Redressal of Grievances (RoG)