Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Eligibility: 10+2 (PCM) from any recognized board
- Duration: 3 Years
Our BCA programme at Jharkhand Rai University (JRU),Ranchi provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions upon graduation. It also assists the graduates to attain leadership positions and successfully pursue post graduate studies and research in the field. Different core areas of Computer Applications that are covered by our curriculum include programming, networking, web designing, information management and human computer interaction. The program is designed in such a way that the graduate develops a practical understanding of the technologies and acquires expertise for a successful career.
- The graduates will become successful professional by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
- The students will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through advanced degrees in information technology, discussion, professional studies and research.
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Eligibility: Graduation/BCA or Equivalent from recognized University
- Duration: 3 Years/2 Years
This postgraduate programme at Jharkhand Rai University(JRU),Ranchi focuses on various advanced topics from the areas of Information Security, Database Systems, programming, computing, communication and web technologies. The courses are designed in such a way that the students are exposed to theoretical concepts complemented by related practical experiments. In order to provide more thrust to research, students are required to give a research seminar and carry out research projects on any related topics of their specialization. The exploration of various internship opportunities by the department through its Corporate Advisory Board and industrial collaborations, for providing a better exposure to the students, is an added attraction to the students joining PG programs conducted by the department.
- Use and apply advanced technical concepts and practices in the core computer applications.
- Identify computer application related problems, analyze them and design the system or provide the solution for the problem considering legal, ethical and societal issues.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.