Jharkhand Rai University (JRU) has been established under “Jharkhand Rai University Act, 2011” by Jharkhand State Legislature as per section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. JRU is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and an ISO 9001:2015 certified University. JRU is the only private University in the state of Jharkhand approved by UGC and accredited by NAAC.
JRU is a hub of transformative education which strongly believes in the holistic development of students. The University endeavors to create the best possible learning environment for students through dynamic research, rigorous training and efficient mentorship and are committed to the cause of making higher education accessible to all irrespective of caste, color or creed. At JRU, we create an atmosphere of rigor and discipline through innovative education that helps students to understand all aspects of societal challenges and enable them to works in team to tackle multifarious problems that directly benefit society. With this objective, the university provides the cutting edge of holistic learning to develop promising youngsters into leaders of tomorrow with globally relevant, future ready and actionable intelligence. The aim is to make each student proficient in synthesizing / analyzing information and be ethical, socially responsible, and just when making decisions. JRU ensures inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
JRU aspire to be a vibrant community with a focus on teaching, learning and community-based research. Our faculty members are experts in their fields and professionals in their own right who bring creativity, ingenuity and resourcefulness in the mind of students.
The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in different disciplines.
The role of Curriculum is very essential in the Holistic Development of the students. The University has developed Holistic Curriculum for all the programs comprising of Core Courses, Specialization Courses/ Departmental Electives focusing on enhancement of Employability Skills, Open Elective Courses, Courses focused on Entrepreneurship & Value-Added Courses imparting transferable & Life Skills.
The Graduate attributes of the University are based on four pillars which emphasizes on student’s Intellectual Competency, Self-growth & Development, Professional & Ethical Sensitivity and Social Susceptibility. The spirit of innovation, modernization and student centric teaching – learning approach blended with strong Mentorship Program is the corner – stone of academics at Jharkhand Rai University. The focus on building skills, value system and character are the integral part of Jharkhand Rai University academic system. The University focus on holistic education ecosystem, where the goal is not to make students just work-ready but also good human beings.
JRU strives to provide:
- Transformative education that nurtures thinking individuals who are alive to opportunities to make a difference, are valued members and leaders of society, and global citizens effective in diverse settings.
- High-impact research that advances the boundaries of knowledge and contributes to the betterment of society.
- Dedicated service, as a university, that adds to social, economic and national development.
The five key components of JRU’s strategy are:
- Nurture, recruit and retain best quality people, the single most important determinant of the quality of education and research.
- Attract the best students, who are academically strong, and who have passion, commitment, leadership potential and come from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide a high-quality educational experience that stretches students, is globally oriented, and develops skills and values to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Focus on high impact research that advances knowledge and its application, and which is of high international quality and impact.
- Inject a spirit of enterprise into education and research, and develop impactful synergies in education, in research, and between education and research, within a dynamic “no-walls” environment.