Vidisha, a young aspirant was keen to take up medicine as her career. In spite of two attempts, she could not clear the medical exams. Taking admissions in private medical college was not an option due to financial constraints. But she was determined to make a career in medical field. Then her elder brother suggested that she should study physiotherapy as a viable career option.
Physiotherapist is a paramedical professional who treats physical injuries, movement-related issues and performance level degradation. It is a study of the various parts of our body. Physiotherapists work on mechanical pains and discomforts of our body through exercise therapy to keep it going smoothly.
Our modern lifestyle with lack of exercise and physical movement is leading to many disorders. There is also an excessive usage of smart phones and laptops. Therefore, it is common to find people suffering from joint aches and muscular pains.
On a positive note, there is a growing awareness towards physical fitness and yoga. All of this highlights the need for physiotherapy in our society as a service both for prevention as well as cure.
7 CAREER OPTIONS FOR A PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Physiotherapy offers you an ample source of income generation both in terms of a job at either a clinic or hospital or practicing on your own. Physiotherapy as a career it has a vast scope –
- They can work at private clinics for treatment of common problems like back pain, neck pain frozen shoulder etc. along with secondary problems like neurological issues due to paralysis.
- Initially one can provide home-based services and after gradually building up a good clientele – can open his/her own clinic.
- Physiotherapists are also required in ICU’s and hospital for all movement related issues.
- Sports is another growing area where the role of physiotherapists cannot be forgotten. In case of an injury, the first person who attends to the sportsperson is the physiotherapist taking charge of his mechanical discomfort and making him fit to play again.
- Physiotherapists are guiding people about the use of ergonomics- teaching us how to sit correctly and how to sleep in the right position etc. in the light of long working hours.
- Academic, Clinic and clinical practices and research based jobs are some of the other diversified career opportunities in this field.
- There is a growing demand for home health care, making physiotherapy one of the most sought-after career options.
GOOD PHYSIOTHERAPY COLLEGE, RANCHI
UGC and NAAC approved, Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi offers Bachelor of Physiotherapy course.
Physiotherapists can earn well in India as well as abroad. Physiotherapy has great demand in countries like USA, UK, AUSTRALIA and Canada.
It is a smart career option to choose as it is a recession-proof industry. Due to the growing demand in the healthcare sector, in the long run it would not only generate a steady income for you but would also help in creating jobs of others too in the process.
Are you ready to take up physiotherapy as a career?