|Eligibility:||10+2 from any recognized Board|
|Duration:||3 years (Three Semester On-Job-Training during the course)|
|No. of Seats:||60|
About the Programme:
- Jharkhand Rai University (JRU) has signed an MOU with Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC) to launch a BBA (Logistics) programme.
- This programme blends learning experience which shall be a combination of conceptual learning in classrooms followed by a paid internship in industry. The programme is a blend of theory and hands-on learning through apprenticeship.
- Specific curriculum developed by the LSC shall be imparted to the students, which shall enhance their employability.
- There has been so far no formal educational programme in the country to address the skill gap in the logistics sector. The MOU has been signed keeping in mind this gap and the emerging opportunity.
Highlights of the Programme:
- Developed by the industry for the industry
- Skill and Attitude in addition to Knowledge, making students industry ready
- Opportunity for Life Skill Development
- Classroom learning only for 3 / 4 Semesters
- 18 months industry experience within the programme period
- Government Certificate for each spell of Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship is considered as Work Experience
- Monthly Stipend of ₹9,000 during Apprenticeship period
- Apprenticeship and Final Placement ensured by LSC
The main objective of the programme is to develop a student’s intellectual ability, technological skills and management skills through an appropriate blending of teaching and on job training.
- The other objectives includes:
- To impart the skills required by a student to become a Professional in logistics and supply chain management.
- To deliver composite knowledge in logistics discipline through apprentice based at every even semester.
- To impart life skills to groom the student as confident individual to live in any part of the world.
- To prepare students for higher education in logistics and supply chain management programmes at home and abroad.
Scope of the Sector:
The Indian logistics sector is valued at USD$ 150 billion, contributing 14.4 % of India’s GDP. Logistics sector employs about 21.24 million people as of 2016. Out of this, 54% are employed in passenger roadways segment, 35% in road freight while remaining are in passenger railways, freight forwarding, warehousing, packaging and other services.
The apprenticeship-based UG Degree Programme has been designed with the primary objective of creating adequate skills for gainful employment at supervisory / managerial levels in Logistics Industry. In order to ensure effective skill development, 60% of the programme component and duration constitute on-the Job Training in the form of industry apprenticeship.
Benefits to Students:
- On-the-Job Training (apprenticeship) for 18 months
- Monthly stipend of Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 9,000 for 18 months during apprenticeship
- Gaining the appropriate skill required for employment in the fast growing logistics sector
- Acquiring the critical requirement of attitude required for corporate career
- 18 months of certified industrial experience, and degree at the end of the programme
- Acquiring confidence to face real life situation at work place
- Industry ready with necessary knowledge, skill and attitude
- Final placement enabled by LSC
- Final placement in logistics sector for all students of this apprenticeship-based UG Degree Programme will be facilitated by LSC.
- List of participating companies : All companies in the General Council of LSC
The following companies have been identified as Mentor Companies for students of apprenticeship-based BBA Logistics in collaboration with LSC
- ADANI Kattupali & Ennore Ports
- Balmer Lawrie & Co Ltd
- Indo Space
- Spot On
- TVS Logistics Services Ltd.
- TVS Training and Services Ltd
- Updater Services Pvt Ltd…and many more