B.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- Eligibility: 10+2 in any discipline
- Duration: 3 Years
- No. of Seats: 60
An innovative program spread over three years at Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi (JRU), wherein the student undergoes training in all the various aspects of media and communication. The course prepares students for career in journalism and mass communication. Journalistic writing is the core of the professional program, visual communication also is an important focus. Graduates will use their preparation to work in areas such as Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television, World Wide Web, Public Relations, Publication Design, Photo Journalism and Media Research. The program integrates the development of professional skills with theoretical consideration of the role of the media in society.
- To equip the students with the basic journalistic skills in different mass media.
- To demonstrate elements of media industry and to familiarize them with recent developments in mass media.
- To enhance the knowledge of students with regard to fundamentals of communication and its various forms.
- To develop the use of research methodologies appropriate to the discipline of Mass Communications and Journalism.
- Students develop a practical understanding of the underlying principles of Mass Communication and Journalism Industry.
- Students will learn to write, edit and design newspapers, shoot and anchor news bulletins and television programmes, make radio jingles, print and web advertisements, produce corporate films and documentaries, develop blogs, post tweets, make Facebook posts, create YouTube videos, build Pinterest boards, etc.
- Students will learn to work on the various softwares used in the Mass Communication and Journalism industry such as QuarkXPress, Final Cut Pro, Audacity and Adobe Photoshop.
|Admission Fee:||Rs. 10,000|
|Semester Fee:||Rs. 23,000/Sem.(for students of Jharkhand) | Rs. 28,000 (for students of other States)|