The Department of International Affairs at Jharkhand Rai University is dedicated to enhance a vibrant international community and to foster cross-cultural experience. It focuses on Internationalization that adds to the overall development of students, providing them an international exposure & strengthening international partnerships in order to provide opportunities to students and faculty members, it facilitates international collaboration and provide students the opportunity to become global citizens. We welcome, support and strengthen diversity through advocacy and holistic service. Enriching connections is our goal.
WHY JHARKHAND RAI UNIVERSITY (JRU)? :
Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi is characterised by a tradition of innovation, novelty and research. JRU consistently try to enhance both teaching and learning in an ambience that is not only well designed and well equipped but secure and comfortable as well. The “Discover India” program is the effort to encourage the global participants to reinforce abstract learning with hand on experiences. During the program Students can avail the accommodation at our University campus without any personal expenses. This program includes Industry Visits, glimpse of Cultural heritage of India followed with the talk by Top Policy Makers/Academicians/Industry Experts. It’s a cultural immersion program with customised classes and visits based on the group’s aspiration. It covers by and large interdisciplinary learning about Indian business environment, its culture etc. The course content can also be designed and developed in collaboration with the group in order to be in sync with their aspirations.
DISCOVER INDIA PROGRAM:
Aptly named as ‘Discover India Program is offered throughout the year and can be availed at any time. Universities that have shown interest in participation are those of Yale, Princeton, Brown, MIT, UVA, from Europe & University of Pardubice (near Prague).
The state of Jharkhand has made impressive strides over the years in industrialization. With its large deposits of minerals, it provides a solid launching pad for all kinds of industries. It is a state of Art, Craft, Mines and Minerals. Ranchi district is one of the twenty-four districts of Jharkhand state in eastern India. It is the capital of the Indian state of Jharkhand which is known for its pleasant climate and served as the summer capital of erstwhile Bihar (combined Bihar and Jharkhand).It is situated at a height of 651 meters and served as a hill station during the British time. It is also famous as “The city of Water Falls”. After independence Ranchi continued to grow and a number of industrial facilities located in and around the city and it emerged as an important industrial centre. Along with other industrial townships like Bokaro and Jamshedpur it completes the industrial circle of Jharkhand. Techno-industrial facilities of Ranchi include Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC), MECON, Central Coalfield Limited (CCL), CMPDI, Usha Martin etc.
- Steel city of Jamshedpur is known as Pittsburgh of India.
- Bokaro Steel city is home to largest steel plant in India and is one of the first planned industrial cities of India.
- Dhanbad is famous as the Coal capital of India.
- Jharkhand also has immense mineral resources: minerals ranging from (ranking in the country within bracket) from iron ore (1st), coal(3rd), copper ore (1st), mica (1st), bauxite (3rd), Manganese, limestone, china clay, fire clay, graphite (8th), kainite (1st), chromite (2nd), thorium (3rd), sillimanite, uranium (Jaduguda mines, Narwa Pahar; the first uranium mine in India) (1st) and even gold (Rakha Mines) (6th) and silver and several other minerals.
- Jharkhand is endowed with variety of flora and fauna. Number of wildlife sanctuaries and national parks are testament to this fact. Some of them are very famous among tourists such as Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary, Hazaribagh Wildlife Sanctuary, Betla National Park.
- Famous Educational Institutions of Jharkhand are: Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS),Indian School of Mines Dhanbad (Indian Institute of Technology),National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur, Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra Ranchi, Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi (IIM Ranchi), Central university of Jharkhand (CUJ) , Jharkhand Rai University Ranchi, Birsa Institute of Technology Sindri, Dhanbad, National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL).
- Famous pilgrimage sites in Jharkhand include DEORI MANDIR (of Mahi fame), BASUKINATH DHAM (Dumka), RAJRAPPA TEMPLE (Ramgarh), DEOGHAR.
Jharkhand is blessed with immense natural and cultural beauty which attracts tourists the most. Jharkhand registered more than 385% increase in foreign tourist visits between 2012 and 2014, revealed Union tourism ministry’s data. In World Bank Ease of Doing Business ranking, Jharkhand has got 3rd place among all states in India. Government of Jharkhand has taken proactive steps to accelerate investment and growth.
- Agreements and MOUs with International Universities.
- Discover India Program & Delegations.
- Student Exchange Programs.
Prof. Amrita Majumdar
Convenor – Department of International Affairs
Contact: +91 – 9504189788 / 9693296661