Jharkhand Rai University (JRU) has been established under “Jharkhand Rai University Act, 2011” by Jharkhand State Legislature as per section 2 (f) of UGC Act 1956. JRU is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and an ISO certified University, (ISO 9001:2015). Our aim is to create a knowledge pool for the State of Jharkhand by serving the needs of diverse communities. JRU continuously strives to provide quality education to its students through dynamic research, rigorous training and efficient mentorship. The University offers Diplomas, Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in different disciplines.
Research and Innovation forms a significant part of our envisaged goals. Our aim is to integrate research & development with academics and encourage our faculty and students to carry on research in their respective areas of interest. The University is focused on interdisciplinary, collaborative and community based research which will help to generate excellent technologies responding to the needs of local, national and global interests.
Creation of an agriculturally literate society is not only essential but is the need of the hour and our team from the Department of Agriculture strives to help the students in the learning process. Our Agricultural Education Program aims at raising awareness for food and farming. We inspire young people to think more deeply about sustainable agriculture, food supply and the role of science in this context. We also help students and the rural community specially farmers to learn entrepreneurship to become change makers.
We aspire to be a vibrant community with a focus on teaching, learning and community based research. Our faculty members are experts in their fields and professionals in their own right who bring creativity, ingenuity and resourcefulness in the mind of students. We believe in fostering pioneering minds and nurturing intellectuality in individuals. We endeavor to create the best possible environment for our students and are committed to the cause of making higher education accessible to all irrespective of caste, color and creed.
JRU strives to provide:
- Transformative education that nurtures thinking individuals who are alive to opportunities to make a difference, are valued members and leaders of society, and global citizens effective in diverse settings.
- High-impact research that advances the boundaries of knowledge and contributes to the betterment of society.
- Dedicated service, as a university, that adds to social, economic and national development.
The five key components of JRU’s strategy are:
- Nurture, recruit and retain best quality people, the single most important determinant of the quality of education and research.
- Attract the best students, who are academically strong, and who have passion, commitment, leadership potential and come from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide a high quality educational experience that stretches students, is globally-oriented, and develops skills and values to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Focus on high impact research that advances knowledge and its application, and which is of high international quality and impact.
- Inject a spirit of enterprise into education and research, and develop impactful synergies in education, in research, and between education and research, within a dynamic “no-walls” environment.